In this digital age, with many distractions, it is now more important then ever to instill in our children a desire to read. Why not give them a reading head start as well as a better understanding of the impact it can have on the rest of their lives.
Early literacy skills are important to develop from a young age to ensure their reading success and to avoid an early literacy gap.
Why Reading Matters: Get A Reading Head Start
- The annual cost of illiteracy to businesses and taxpayers in the United States is 20 Billion Dollars.
- 7000 High School students drop out daily due to the fact that they are illiterate.
- 3/4 people on welfare are illiterate.
- 3/5 of inmates are illiterate.
- Get your child a Reading Head Start to avoid a Literacy Gap.
Literacy Is Paramount For Our Children’s Future: Get Them A Reading Head Start
- It enables our children to attain personal fulfillment.
- It aids them is being understood and taken seriously.
- Enables them to take part in and understand civil issues.
- Enables our children to earn more money.
- Succeed in their chosen career path.
Literate People Are Most Likely To:
- Attend and partake in sporting events.
- To partake in charity and community service.
- To attend and partake in performing arts events.
- To visit a museum.
How To Get Your Child To Read: Get Them A Reading Head Start
- Get them reading on a daily basis before they engage in TV or video games
- Get your child interested in journal writing. One’s ability to read is amplified by one’s ability to write.
- Encourage your child to learn a word a day.
- Encourage your child to read different genres.
- Encourage your children to read non-fiction books.
- Give your children books as presents
- Get your child a Reading Head Start